Apple & Pear Puree with Winter Spices
Super quick and easy puree to make. Can use fresh, tinned (choose natural juice, not syrup) or frozen fruit options. Winter spices add more flavour- add a pinch if you only want a small amount! The whole family can enjoy this. You can add to cereal, yoghurt, or as part of a dessert such as apple crumble.
- 100 grams Apple
- 100 grams Pear
- 2 tsp Unsweetened Fruit Juice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon Can add a pinch if don't like it strong!
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves Can add a pinch if don't like it strong!
- Measure out all the ingredients.
- Peel & chop the fruit into small cubes.
- Place fruit & juice into a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for around 6-8 minutes.
- Add in cinnamon & cloves.
- Blend with a hand blender for a smooth puree or use a fork for lumps and bumps.
Consume within 1-2 days. Can freeze for 3 months.