Do you love sweet potatoes and beans? Well, have I got a delicious and healthy recipe for you! This sweet potato and bean chili is not only tasty but also low budget and perfect for the whole family.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamins, fibre, and antioxidants, while beans are loaded with protein and other essential nutrients. So, let’s get cooking and make a yummy sweet potato and bean chili that everyone will love!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
Sweet Potatoes and Bean Chilli
- 1 White Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 2-3 Sweet Potatoes chopped
- 2 Avocado sliced
- 1 Lime
- 300 ml Water
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tin Mixed Beans
- 1 Tin Sweetcorn
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- Measure out all the ingredients.
- Chop the onion and garlic, then fry until soft.
- Add the spices to the fry pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the beans and sweetcorn.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook.
- On a low heat and allow the chilli mix to cook for 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and bake until soft, about 40 minutes. Serve with sliced avocado drizzled in lime juice.
- Serve family style.
- Adult portion
- You can use silicone moulds to place the bean mix and avocado in for younger kids.
- For babies serve 3-4 Sweet potatoes wedges with pre-loaded teaspoons of beans. Served with sliced avocado. Keep the skin on for easier grip!