Hidden Vegetable Chicken Satay
This is a delicious & healthy family meal suitable for all including your fussy eater. A number of vegetables are blitzed and thus hidden in the sauce. Offer cooked vegetables alongside this to continue exposure to a variety of vegetables.
- 1 large Carrot
- 1 Peppers
- 1 small Courgette
- 1-2 Onions
- 120 grams Mushrooms
- 150 grams Cauliflower
- 2 tsp Garlic minced such as cheat garlic
- 3 tbsp Nut or Seed butter I used peanut
- 2 tbsp Mild Curry Paste of choice
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Juice of lime
- 1 tin Coconut milk 400mls
- 300 mls Vegetable stock
- 1 tin Chickpeas Can omit & add 1 more chicken breast
- 3 Large Chicken breasts
- Chilli flakes, chopped nuts & coriander Optional for garnish
- Measure out all the ingredients.
- Peel & dice all the vegetables (except mushrooms) into small pieces.
- Heat the pan & add oil, garlic, curry paste, soy sauce, nut/seed butter & honey until well mixed & form a paste.
- Then gradually add in the vegetable stock & mix until well mixed. Repeat with the coconut milk.
- Then add in all the vegetables & stir well. Bring to the boil and cook on a high simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Use a hand blender to blitz the sauce until completely smooth.
- Add in the raw diced chicken and chickpeas and cook on a low simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Boil the rice & extra vegetables such as broccoli once ready to do so.
- Chop up some peanuts & coriander with chilli flakes for garnish if desired!
- Serve & enjoy. See plated options as ideas for presentation with babies, children & adults.
- For kids that don't like foods touching- the compartment plate helps you offer the meal in different formats that they are comfortable with.