Family Pizza Night anyone?!Get the whole family involved, children, can help wash the veg, make the pizza base mixture, roll out the pizza and decorate them! This is a great way to encourage food acceptance as well. This can be a great family bonding night and has the added bonus of being a fake takeaway for the family! If you have a muffin tray and coloured cases/moulds place toppings in this and allow the kids to decorate their own pizza.You can tailor each pizza to each family need preferences. This is a good way to switch it up by trying veg in a different way. Be creative as you can be, make it a competition to see who has the best looking pizza! For babies, you can use crumpets as a base and add grated cheese, carrot, and passata on top and place them under the grill.Food Allergens: Milk (can use dairy free cheeses), gluten (you can use gluten free base options)
- Vegetables such as purple onions, peppers, sweetcorn, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes
- 1 Tin/Jar Passata or pasta/pizza tomato based sauce- can add basil & garlic for more flavour. You can get hidden veg sauces or make your own!
- Various cheeses of choice such as grated cheese, mozzarella, gorgonzola, fontina, parmesan, goat's cheese, ricotta
- Protein of choice- meat, fish, pulses
- Base of choice- pitta/crumpet/naan bread/wraps/shop bought or you can make your own base
- 350 grams Self raising flour
- 250 grams Natural Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- pinch Salt
- If making the base place all ingredients in a large bowl & mix well until you can’t move it anymore. Knead the dough for a few minutes until smooth. Put back in the bowl and cover with a towel.
- Prep & grate vegetables.
- Prep & grate cheese.
- Place dough on flour dusted surface and divide into 8 pieces. Roll into thin rounds.
- Place base on pizza tray/ greaseproof paper on a tray, add passata/sauce as a base, and add toppings.
- Be creative as you want for the toppings- see below for ideas!
- Cook in the oven @180c for 15 minutes or until the base is crispy. May only need 5-10 minutes depending on choice of base. Or follow instructions of your pizza oven.
- Serve with veg/side salad.