Please note: By using this site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time by ceasing to use the site. An explanation of your rights is set out below.
If you are not satisfied with any action taken by me or response given, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at: www.ico.gov.uk, or help line telephone number: 0303 1231113.
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Cookie: a small file placed on your computer or device by my website when you visit certain parts of it or use certain features.
Cookie Law: means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Data Subject: a natural identifiable person.
Personal Data: has the meaning set out in the Data Protection Legislation, being as at the data of this policy, any data which identifies a natural person (by way of example, name, address, phone number and so on).
What this policy also covers
This policy also explains:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected:
- on my website, when you interact with it;
- when you download from my website;
- when you interact with my website advertising and applications on third party websites and services.
- What organisation is collecting the information;
- How the information is used;
- With whom the information may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under my control;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information; and
- How you can request the Personal Data I process and store to be removed.
What I collect
I may collect the following information if you access my site:
- Full name & email address when you complete a contact form;
- Technical information including internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating system and platform.
What I do with the information I gather
I will use the data collected about you in the following ways:
- To contact you regarding a provide services to you;
- To deal with your enquiry if you complete my contact form
Where and how I store your personal data
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, organisational and security measures to safeguard and secure the information I collect.
- As referred to above, my website is hosted by BlueHost. No personal data is stored on my website.
- By entering or providing me with your personal your data, you are allowing Dr Kirsty Porter to access and store your data for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry with a view to providing services to you, in accordance with the data protection, privacy and cookies policy. Upon submitting an enquiry via the contact form, an email will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. To comply with GDPR, your data will be kept for no longer than one year after your last correspondence. Should you wish to remove your personal data prior to this date please contact Dr Kirsty Porter at email@example.com
As a Data Subject under the Data Protection legislation referred to above, you have the following rights:
- I will not share your information with third party marketing agencies without your consent, nor will I contact you for marketing purposes unless you give your consent. If you consent to me contacting you for marketing purposes at any stage, you can change your mind at any time by exercising your right to ask me not to contact you by emailing at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- My website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
- You have the right to ask me to supply to you the information I hold – this is known as a data subject access request. For further details please contact me at email@example.com
- You have the right to ask me to rectify the data I hold if it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to ask me to erase the Personal Data I hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for me to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to me holding the data; (iii) you object to me holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that I have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for me to comply with a particular legal obligation. To make a request please contact me at email@example.com
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – a Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of my website, supporting functions such as logging in.
- Analytics and Flash Cookies – it is important for me to understand how you use my website. For example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable me to gather this information and helps me to improve my website.
- Functionality Cookies – enable me to provide additional functions to you.
- Persistent Cookies – any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit my website.
- Session Cookies – any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit my website. To delete these cookies you will need to clear your browser history.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device you will be shown a cookie compliance statement, requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling me to provide you with the best possible experiences and services to you. You may wish to deny consent to the placing of the Cookies at which point I request you cease using my website.
External Web Services and Links
I may use external web services on my website, mostly to display content within my web pages. I cannot prevent these third-party sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads and so on.
Suppliers and Other Service Providers